Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Some examples of why I love Remini's app so much!

I thought I would highlight here on my blog some of my favorite examples as to why I love Remini's smartphone photo app so much! You can enhance, colorize, and so much more. So far, my favorite feature is enhancing. It's helped clear up so many old photographs of mine. Here are some examples.




Above is my 2x Grandfather, French Mefford. Look at those ears! It's a wonder my Dad and I don't have car doors for ears! I ponder if it's a result of the heavy endogamy in the Mefford family tree. French's parents were 1st cousins... and his Grandparents were double first cousins. He was the son of George Washington Mefford and Amanda Hardison. (1874-1955)





Above is my 2x Grandmother, Emma Lillie (Turner) Mefford. She was the daughter of Phylander Turner and Lucy Knight. (1879-1964)





The full photograph cleared up. I've tried colorizing it.. but the colors just don't come out 100% right. Maybe one day someone will colorize it for me instead of me trying to use an auto-colorizer. 





Above is my 2x Grandfather, Charles Clarence LaRue. This photo is from when he was around 17 or 18 years old.. so roughly 1900, give or take a year. I've tried coloring this one too and it just doesn't turn out well. Charles was the son of Benjamin Hardin LaRue and Mary Philapine Lawrey. He was the husband of Carrie Annie Byrd and Sarah (Beck) Staser. (1883-1980). 





Above is my 2x Grandmother, Mary Janella (Nally) Thompson. This is a zoom in of her face from a photograph of her and her twin sister. But just look at how much clearer she is.. I'm in awe, I'm stunned.. She was so magnificently beautiful. I wish her beauty would have passed down to me. (1882-1972)





Above is Mary Janella's twin sister, Camilla (Nally) Thompson. Janella & Camilla married brothers -- John Rowan Thompson & Samuel "Sam" Thompson. Thanks to this zoom in and enhancement, we can see that Camilla had a large scar on her face. Assuming this isn't mirrored photography, and she's looking at the camera, it would be on her left side I believe. I ponder what happened? I've never heard stories of her having had a scar before. My Nana nor my Grandma ever said anything about it. I wonder if it had faded by the time my Grandmother was born? (1882-1962)

Janella & Camilla were the daughters of Henry Oliver Nally and Vandalia Gibson. They were second cousins with their Thompson husbands. The Thompson's were sons of Martin Henry Thompson and Elizabeth Levina "Lou" Nally. 

If you've never tried the Remini photo app, please do! It works absolute wonders on your old photographs. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! those are amazing transformations. I am definitely checking out this app. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete