Monday, January 17, 2022

52 Ancestors 2021: Week 52: Future

I realize I'm writing the last blog for 2021 on January 17th, 2022 -- but, pretending as if I'm writing this on December 31st, 2021, I would probably say that my biggest hope, genealogy wise, for the year of 2022 is to solve my Burgess mystery once and for all. 

If not that mystery - then I'd love to solve the other mystery on my Dad's side of the family. The ones I label in an Ancestry group, "I wish I could buy a f*ckin' clue." 🤣 I think they're going to be on my 4x Grandmother Clarissa (unknown maiden name) side as they all have a line going back to Alabama but... I just can't nail down who the common ancestor(s) is/are. 

I have other brick-walls in my family tree, don't get me wrong... but those two mysteries are the ones that'll drive me bonkers the rest of my life if they don't get solved. That and Evaline Edwards... she's an enigma. Those "I wish I could buy a f*ckin' clue" matches could be through her. My 3x Grandmother. 

I have a mound of genealogy that needs worked on in 2022. I need to finish this Littrell/Grossman tree. I have several binders that need doing: Sanders, Meeks, O'Bryan, Anderson, and Jackson. My giveaway binders people won in February 2021.. 

I have more projects than I have time to do. I have more housework than I have time to do. Taking care of my parents is a full time job yet I'm trying to be a genealogist full time. Writing these blogs even take me away from work I've been paid to do but if it wasn't for working on blogs from time to time, I'd probably lose my sanity. I get genealogy burnout BAD when working on one project for too long. 

I do hope in 2022 that I'm able to work on some more DNA and solve some more mysteries for other people. That's probably my greatest love with genealogy these days is the genetic genealogy I get to do. We've solved 5 out of 7 of the parentages for Granny's family mystery - I'd love to get the last 2 done this year or at least 1 more. 

I have a big Mefford/Bastin binder done up - I'd love to get one finished for Jones/White, Blanford/LaRue, and Sandefur/Thompson too. But those are personal projects and I've got way too many paid projects lined up to work on anything personal at this point.

I could probably go on and on for hours about random genealogical things I'd like to accomplish this year as I think of them but, I by as well end this one right there. Those are the major things I'd like to work on/get done this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment